Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prince Caspian

Title: Prince Caspian
Author: C.S. Lewis

What it's about: Caspian lives in Narnia during an age when Men rule the land and the magical things have all gone away. It's pretty sad. Then one day, his uncle, who rules the land as regent, has a son, and he orders Caspian killed because Caspian is the true heir to the throne of Narnia. Caspian runs away and meets up with some dwarfs and a talking badger. It's decided that Caspian should fight his uncle, and so a war for the freedom of Narnia is waged.

What I thought: You know, when I think back over this book, I can't really think of much that really drew me. Some of the descriptions of the ruined Cair Paravel were quite good, but the story itself really didn't seem to have much substance to me. It wasn't bad, but I definitely can't call it a favorite. Too much flashback.

Overall: Probably a middle tier entry in this series, in my opinion. Take it or leave it.

No comments: