Thursday, January 15, 2009

Graceling

Title: Graceling
Author: Kristen Cashore

What it's about: Katsa is a girl graced with incredible combat and killing skills. Her uncle, the king, uses her abilities for his dirty work. Then Katsa and her allies uncover a conspiracy in another kingdom that could lead to trouble for all seven kingdoms, and she and a Graced prince named Po head out to shed some light on the matter.

What I thought: The concept of the Graces was very interesting. People with various exceptional skills, sometimes reviled, sometimes revered. Katsa's personality was interesting to watch develop, and there was some very nice worldbuilding.

Overall: While I can't say this'll be a favorite of mine, it was above-average, to be sure.

So that's three reviews for January. I've also reread the two Kiki Strike books, but they've already been reviewed. We're up to five books this month now. I'm probably gonna reread The Warrior Heir and The Wizard Heir so that I can read The Dragon Heir, which I bought last weekend. I'll see you then!

No comments: