Sunday, January 1, 2012

Award-Winning-Books Reading Challenge

Read 35 award-winning books in 2012?



Looks like first up is The Goose Girl, which, luckily for me, has won several awards. I'll start pulling together a list of other award-winners to tackle throughout the year. But yeah, thirty-five books in a year? Cake, bro. Platinum level participation is go.

Before starting The Goose Girl, I read The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore, which was a funny and engaging Christmas book. It had zombies and angels and warrior babes, and it reminded me to seek out more of his books. Apparently this story used characters from some of Moore's other books, so I might as well start with those.

1 comment:

GatheringBooks said...

Hi Amy! I love this post and the image too! Gauntlet has been thrown to the wind - and I shall look forward to where it lands - be it the platinum/gold/silver/medal bullseye. I have a feeling I'd enjoy your reviews! Best of luck with the reading challenge! :)